Steps to becoming a Volunteer at Hart High School
2. Print and complete the applicable packet attached below:
* Chaperone: Volunteer packet
* Chaperone and Driver: Volunteer Driver packet
3. Complete the Safe Schools Training courses
: Sexual Harassment, Mandated Reporter, Workplace Bullying, Active Shooter, Corona virus Awareness, IPM, and Title IX Compliance Overview (all expire annually on June 30th) No password is required but you must request a login from Hart Administration. Here is the link for these courses: https://hartdistrict-keenan.safeschools.com/login
4. Complete TB test: You must include the results with your completed paperwork. You can obtain the test from anywhere you choose.
5. Bring completed Volunteer packet back to Assistant Principal’s (AP) office for a signed approval and to receive the REQUEST FOR LIVE SCAN SERVICE form that must be taken to CALIFORNIA FINGERPRINTING AUTHORITY (address and map attached to this form) for fingerprinting. The fee is $70. You are responsible in paying this fee to the agency. If the program you are volunteering for is paying the $70 fee, please take the $70 receipt to the booster club directly for reimbursement. The AP office will send the original packet to Michelle Howard at the District Office.
6. After Live Scan is complete, the agency will notify Michelle Howard in Human Resources at the District Office. Applicants must send a headshot of themselves in one of the following formats: bmp, jpg, jpeg, pcx, tif to firstname.lastname@example.org (661.259.0033 x417) for an ID badge.
VOLUNTEER DRIVERS: Please make check for $25 payable to William S. Hart Union School District for the DMV verification. If you are paying by cash, you will need to first go to the Business Department at the District Office to get a receipt and then visit Michelle Howard for the other items.