National Honor Society (NHS) NEW membership requests begin in September. The deadline to request membership (turn in paperwork) is Friday September 27 by 8:00 am. Late requests will NOT be permitted for ANY reason. This is the only time each school year that new students have the opportunity to join.
1) have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
2) Be a 10th,11th or 12th grader
3) Be able to state SPECIFIC examples of service AND leadership (school, community, or church)
4) Have good character (No severe disciplinary records)
5) Dues are $20 per semester (financial scholarships available)
6) Commit to 10 hours of new service each semester of membership
Once a member of NHS, students do NOT need to reapply each year. Membership is continuous. Please see Mrs. Pauer's website for more information. Graduating seniors are recognized as members of NHS.