Tips for obtaining off-campus passes from the
If your student must leave school during scheduled classes please read the following procedures to cut down on wait time.
• Advise sick students to go to the Health office to obtain permission from parents and an off-campus pass. All other children need to go to the Attendance office.
• Please call Attendance (259-7575, Ext. 133 or 134) before 9:00 am or have your student bring a note to the Attendance office before school or at their brunch.
• The Attendance office receives a high volume of calls daily. If your call goes to voicemail, please leave a message. We will return your call in a timely manner. (Hanging up and calling back, adds to the number of calls that need to be answered and delays our returning phone calls.)
• Approaching holidays and vacations can also add to the volume of passes issued by the Attendance office. Please contact the office as early as possible. (You can contact us the day before to request a pass.)
• Students can pick up the off-campus pass from Attendance (without a summons) when they are at their brunch or lunch. Students that have the off-campus pass before they go to class are able to leave school more quickly than those sent a summons based on a last-minute call.
• Per School Board Policy, a parent, guardian or parent designee must sign out all 9th and 10th students during the lunch hour. (12:00 to 1:00 pm on regular double-brunch schedule or from 12:30 to 1:30 on Late Start Schedule.)
For detailed Attendance Office procedures please see the school website.